Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
All Chief Postmaster General
I am directed to refer to this office letter no. of even dt 17-7-2006 on the above mentioned subject.
2. One-men Committee with Shri R.S. Nataraja Murti as Chairman, for examining Gramin Dak Sevaks system, studied the above issue and made recommendations in para 16.12.1 of the report.
3. The recommendations of the Committee were examined by the Department and after a careful consideration, the Competent Authority has ordered the following:
(i) All the five grounds stipulated for allowing the Transfer of Gramin Dak Sevak in para 2 of letter no. 19-10/2004-GDS dt. 17-7.2006 will be retained. The transfer facility can be availed by Gramin Dak Sevaks only once in whole career. However, an exception has been made for women Gramin Dak Sevaks, who availed the transfer facility on the ground of extreme hardship due to a disease and for medical attention/treatment before their marriage, can avail the facility for a second time in the event of their marriage/remarriage.
(ii) Past service of Gramin Dak Sevaks will be counted for the eligibility for appearing in the Departmental Examinations and for Ex-gratia gratuity and will rank junior in the seniority list of new unit.
4. All the other conditions laid down in letter no. 19-10/2004-GDS dt. 17.7.2006 will continue to apply.
5. The Heads of circle are requested to keep the above modifications in view while deciding the cases of transfer application of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
6. The contents may be communicated to all concerned for wide circulation amongst the Gramin Dak Sevaks in vernacular understanding.
7. This issues with the approval of Secretary (Posts)
(K. Rameswara Rao)